3 oz aged cheddar (Tilamook)
1 large pastured egg
2 slices pastured, sugar free bacon
2 sprigs cilantro Handful of arugula
1 tsp. ghee
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of turmeric
- Cook bacon first, you can pan fry it or pop it in the oven at 350F until
crispy. Set aside.
- Shred your cheese with a cheese grater.
- Heat skillet on medium high heat. Once it’s come to temperature add
the ghee into the skillet.
- Sprinkle the cheese into the skillet in a circle.
- It will begin to melt almost instantly. Once all of the cheese is melted
and bubbling, crack the egg into the center of your cheese circle.
Sprinkle the yolk with salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Cook here for 2 minutes until the egg begins to become opaque and
the cheese begins to brown.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and lower the heat. Cook covered for 2
- Remove from heat, the egg should be fully cooked and the cheese crispy.
- Carefully slide your cheese egg onto a cutting board or dish. Use two
bowls or cups, or even the cheese grater to hold up the sides of the
sheet taco so that as the shell cools and hardens the sides stay up.
- Add in your bacon, arugula and cilantro.
- Grab your shell and dig in. Eat over a plate because you don’t want
your yolk to run all over the floor!