4 rounded tbsp. fine ground almond meal
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg
2 tbsp. fat (melted coconut oil, olive oil, bacon fat etc.)
2 tbsp. water (a splash more if the mix seems thick)
- In a small, shallow microwave safe container whisk together the flour,
salt and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center and crack an egg open into it.
- Whisk well, then add in the fat and water while you continue whisking.
- Once it becomes frothy start making bigger circles with your whisk or
fork to incorporate the flour mix.
- Mix well, getting all the edges and sides. You can use a spatula to
make sure you have it all mixed in.
- Tap the container down on the counter to settle the mix.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds, or until the center is cooked (add
cooking time in 30 second intervals).
- If you’re baking it, use a greased glass dish, and bake at 350F (or 325F
convection) for 20 minutes.
- Run a spatula around the edges to separate and remove it from the
- Pop it in the toaster for 3-4 minutes until crisp.