1lb stew meat, venison
2 tbsp. olive oil or butter
1 bulb elephant garlic
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
1 cup sliced celery
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4 cups bone broth
2 cups chopped thin asparagus
2 bay leaves
- Peel the elephant garlic and slice into 1/8 inch thin slices.
- Slice the cabbage and the celery.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil or butter.
- Add in the garlic, celery, bay leaves and cabbage. Sauté until tender,
about 6 minutes.
- Add in the venison, salt and pepper. Stir until the meat is browned.
- Transfer everything to a slow cooker.
- Add in the bone broth and set to cook on low for 6 hours.
- When done, add in the chopped up asparagus and stir well.